Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Symbol ALMOST In My Driveway

I laughed from happiness









some of today's email update from tony....
"The bus is now getting assembled which is cool. There's not much involved on the outside except mirrors handles, and trim so this week will also involve getting the interior fitted. I've scored some door panel backing so I can re-skin the front two. The old backings were rotted due to the bus sitting outside for years without a windshield, or side window. I now have a nice drivers side rear panel (the long one next to the middle seat), and a couple of original kick panels for under the dash. The only one needed now is the sliding cargo door panel which I may be able to pics up tomorrow. I'll be going to Vancouver to pick up a 64 camper bus, and stopping by Averres in Woodland. They're a huge vw only indoor wrecking yard (umm yeah....vw nut heaven!).
Assembly and interior are straight forward minus the headliner which takes a ton of patience and time, but look great when new. That will then allow me to install the sunroof, windshield, and put all the other windows back in.  After that, all the mechanics will be gone through, engine installed and hopefully driving under her own power by next week sometime. Pretty exciting times."


PRETTY EFFING EXCITING EMAIL!  Sidenote; a 64 camper bus?  split screen, barn doors...hope that's a project for himself to keep! He has great taste.  With that said; possibly driving by her own power next week sometime?  I can't believe it, it's too good to be true.  I can't wait to say "I'm going to pick up Nigel on my next day off", whenever that day comes.  I'm going to date that as Sunday the 16th if everything falls into place for Tony and his projections, or the following Sunday, the 23rd.  I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight.  A little dork driving a little dork home, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment