Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Stuff For Nigel

I have added new seat belts for the front seats, seat belt hooks, the jail bars on the rear sides and back window (my fav visual addition so far), eyelids for the headlights, shift extender because my arms are so short it became a pain in the neck (literally I think) reaching to shift, inside slider door handle, and exterior driver and passenger door handles.  Phew!  I still have to make an appointment at MOBILE INNOVATIONS to install my dash kenwood head unit and speakers but I keep putting it off because right now my little iphone on the dash playing Pandora's "The Head And The Heart" station at full volume keeps me smiling. I stopped listening to music while driving a few months ago; I hit the power button with the palm of my hand one day and I haven't turned it back on since. I am not in any rush. However, the hole in the dash bothers me for visual reasons.  But my personality explains.  Today I ordered two REWARD parts; reward for what, I am not sure.  I guess fun accessories would be better. The aluminum side step and the bumper guards for the front bumper.
Side Step for slider door

Bumper Guards Example

LOVE the bottle opener on the bumper guard; going to do it myself
I also like this style of fog lights which I will do this summer
I also have a bid on ebay for a 1971 Washington license plate, and I can use that vintage plate as my license plate on my bus and to me, that's just awesome.  It's white with green edging. I plan on stripping it to bare metal, pounding out all the little scuffs and painting it using patience and knowing I will only ever be painting one license plate in my life, so I can take my time.  The plate is GGH-908 and that has a nice little ringing rhyme to it, so I would be happy with it. I called EZ auto yesterday and asked if they kept plates to sell, but the answer was no.  I really want to get down to the wrecking yard and check out all the bones of buses which have been slowly decaying in the sun rain and snow for several years.  I just can't do it yet.  There's probably a set of old mud flaps, a roof rack and fog lights LOL just waiting to be removed. Yeah right to the roof rack.  That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment