Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bumper Guards

Well, I got my bumper guards and put a vintage coke bottle opener on the driver side.  I do what I say and say what I do!  Pretty happy with the results.  I think two fog lights on the outside should make the front finish up and look nice.  Contemplating on getting a euro license plate made for the front to match the numbers of my vintage plate for the reason...just think it would look cool to have a euro plate on the front.  I also removed the orange reflectors from the inside of my turn signals to give it a cleaner, white/clear look.  I'm pleased.  My side step is on back order until JUNE, but I'm more than patient so I can wait. 
I'm about to drive to Lowe's to get some turn buckle hardware to start fabricating some curtain holders/rods although they aren't rods.  I'm going to use clear rubber coated wire so if they get saggy with time, I can tighten them down.  Then I'm going to figure out how the eff I'm going to make curtains because I can't sew a straight line sans thread across a piece of blank paper.  But I'm going to do it because I don't know anyone who sews.  Blue and white gingham check is what I'm going for, and if I can add rickrack around the edges....CUTE!  So Joann's is on today's list (yuck save me) for fifteen yards of fabric to wrap my bus.  Tiebacks would be next on the list and I'll make those with black leather straps and snap buttons.
I made my appointment at mobile innovations this afternoon, and will be having the door panels cut into and some kenwood speakers installed along with the kenwood deck I bought for it back in November.  I burned $350 today at MI and my appointment is May 16th.  :) HAPPY HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment