I have a few items to do next on my list and a twelve window (twelve window, not a typo) tint is numero uno. The cost sends bile up my throat. But, I like good looking cars so I'm going to do it!!! Curtains, still on the list. Hanging over my head, gaaah! That project is not fun for me. It's super stressful but it will be done.
I also received an email today stating fed ex has shipped my aluminum side step. Earlier than expected! So excited! The day of arrival is suppose to be June 6. Busdepot.com is a really slow shipping company compared to socalimports. socal gets stuff out and on my bus in three days, and it comes from canada.
I don't have a respectable "thing" hanging from my rearview mirror, not even my bus shaped air freshener is holding up (I miss that marshmallow smell already!), so the day before yesterday I went down to the sun dog and put in an order for a ten inch mostly macrame, stones and a bell to hang from it, worthy of up to an 80 dollar price tag. I said "I want something chunky and similar to the bell that hangs on the entrance door of this store." and if you have ever been to the sun dog, you know what I'm talking about. I said it can be made with no time restrictions, no rush. "Ooooh, a challenge!" was my response. I liked that. :)
I have been popping off the chrome trim on my bus to sand them down with wet sandpaper, grit 240, 400, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2000, then polishing them with compound and then a chrome polish. I have officially removed almost every centimeter of corrosion and dents and dings on the trim, I can't believe what a difference it is. And to think, I thought about buying an entire new set for like, 280 bucks. Pass, I made them look close enough to brand new by hand.
What I have learned about this bus so far is, if you are a DIY lover, a volkswagen is your dream vehicle. I like how it keeps me busy and challenged and always making me do little things to tinker with it. My hands are always black around my fingers and I swear my fingernails have to just grow up and be trimmed to stay clean.
It's also amazing how many people have left notes with their phone numbers if I ever want to sell my bus jammed in my door, under my wiper blade, or even left on my seat. And it's also amazing how many more people approach me about it.
GOOD news; the license plate I won off of ebay is going to work! It was made during a certain number of years that style of license plate was assigned to my year of bus. So I have to wait to get something in the mail (not my registration; something else....) so I can turn it into a collector vehicle *and never have to pay a tab for it again!!!* and sport the vintage plate on it. It's going to be so cool.
Sometimes late when I can't sleep and those weird 3am thoughts where we think we can do shit we don't know how to do, I think I can order a spray gun to touch up paint it with my air compressor. "I'll just start with the white trim...." WTF slow down Kel. I'm so ahead of myself.... :)
![]() |
| fog lights, bumper guards, eyelids, rack, rain guards, accessory heaven |
![]() |
| pro sign made this sticker for me |
![]() | |||
| alabama arkansas |



No comments:
Post a Comment